i cant upload car

Más
03 Jul 2016 12:15 - 03 Jul 2016 12:18 #2037 por Skybh
Respuesta de Skybh sobre el tema i cant upload car
How do you measure acceleration? By guess (there is no cunter in Racer). :whistle:
I did a script for the track speedest2 that measures acceleration (0-100/0-400m/0-1000m braking and eleasticity) but i don't know if it will work for your racers.

If with real torque acceleration is not realistic, the problem is elsewhere, like masses (for the 508, the car were to heavy), or gears ratios (the wheel radius also influences that) or tyres too..

If elasticity is correct but not the top speed check masses and aero

The most important is elasticity than acceleration, because there is no normalized ways to measure that (at which rpm shifting for exemple, how to start...)

Also, for torque curve, it should start and finish a 0, so the first point is a 0Nm/0rpm, the last (in the torque you've showed 0Nm/5500rpm)

And last, if with all those parameters the car is too fast (elasticity, top speed etc) check the friction (i don't know since which version this setting is aviable) but it's in differentials.diff0.friction a value like 50-100 seems correct for me (and keep maxtorque at 1).
If not aviable, lower a bit maxtorque (the old method) to something between 0.9/1.0
Última Edición: 03 Jul 2016 12:18 por Skybh. Razón: 0 points in torque curve
Más
03 Jul 2016 12:25 #2038 por Miguel1.8T
Respuesta de Miguel1.8T sobre el tema i cant upload car

Skybh escribió: How do you measure acceleration? By guess (there is no cunter in Racer). :whistle:
I did a script for the track speedest2 that measures acceleration (0-100/0-400m/0-1000m braking and eleasticity) but i don't know if it will work for your racers.

If with real torque acceleration is not realistic, the problem is elsewhere, like masses (for the 508, the car were to heavy), or gears ratios (the wheel radius also influences that) or tyres too..

The most important is elasticity than acceleration, because there is no normalized ways to measure that (at which rpm shifting for exemple, how to start...)

Also, for torque curve, it should start and finish a 0, so the first point is a 0Nm/0rpm, the last (in the torque you've showed 0Nm/5500rpm)

And last, if with all those parameters the car is too fast (elasticity, top speed etc) check the friction (i don't know since which version this setting is aviable) but it's in differentials.diff0.friction a value like 50-100 seems correct for me (and keep maxtorque at 1).
If not aviable, lower a bit maxtorque (the old method) to something between 0.9/1.0

Thanks for the info :)

I will check all of that parameters in my next project that will be a peugeot 208
and i will remove the exterior digits also and replace them for tacho and speedo

PD: Speedtest2 doesn't work in my 0655

All type of cars: Sedan,Coupe,Combi,Vans,Diesel,Petrol,Automatic,BMW,Ford,Seat,VW,Skoda,Citroen,Renault...
Más
03 Jul 2016 16:43 #2040 por Fabikan75
Respuesta de Fabikan75 sobre el tema i cant upload car

Skybh escribió: How do you measure acceleration? By guess (there is no cunter in Racer). :whistle:

I am doing this in the following way :
on speedest or another map , which has a bit of a long , straight line. I put the car at the beginning of this road , I push the clutch , give gas to the max . At the top I have a table with time. Gas I'm trying to let go about a full second example . 20.30 , a minute. then jade and changing gears . When the meter is 100 km / h push pause and read the result. Of course, I make several attempts , because they do not always work out . I try to change gears low or high , depending on the sample. I choose the best result , if it occurs several times. I Uncertainty + - 0.3s . in relation to the real acceleration . Therefore, in addition analog clock in the middle , I use digital clocks on the outside , because they are more accurate.
Más
03 Jul 2016 20:29 #2042 por Priban
Respuesta de Priban sobre el tema i cant upload car
I am using digital clocks too on the outside, but i found way how to set up best accurate on non-digital clocks :) in views.ini is speed in m/s so if you calculate it over 3.6 you get exact speed for needles :D
Más
03 Jul 2016 20:31 - 03 Jul 2016 20:32 #2043 por Priban
Respuesta de Priban sobre el tema i cant upload car
Thanks for the torque :)

And for me too because when i was adjusting a4 1.9 tdi torque, i wrote in the space the real torque and it goes from 0-100 in real time but the car was rear wheel drive and when i changue it to fwd, the car went much faster 0-100 and i had to write less torque :)[/quote]

And if you set 4x4 you should to decrease torque for 50% :) but it is not simply, because you can set 70% for fronts wheels and 30% for rear wheels, or 60% for front wheels and 40% for rear wheels etc :)
Última Edición: 03 Jul 2016 20:32 por Priban.
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.157 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena